GED Admission Requirements

If you have obtained your General Equivalency Diploma (GED), you will be accepted to Shawnee State University by:

  • Completing the University admission application, by requesting an application from the Office of Admission or completing the online application for admission.

  • Submitting an official copy of your GED transcript, either by having it sent directly from the State Department of Education (Ohio or Kentucky request forms available in the Office of Admission) or faxed to (740) 351-3111 directly from the State Department of Education.

Please submit all documents to Office of Admission, Shawnee State University, 940 Second Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662.

If you attended a non-state approved high school, you must provide evidence of passing the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a state-authorized examination that the state recognizes to be the equivalent of a high school diploma.

Page maintained by Marketing and Communications.